TYPO3 Fluid templates can be built with 3 kinds of template files:
- Templates (stored in the fileadmin/templates folder)
- Layouts (stored in the fileadmin/templates/layouts folder)
- Partials (stored in the fileadmin/templates/partials folder)
Of these 3 you'll only need the first one to create a website. You will start with this, but later in this tutorial you'll use all three.
Templates will contain the content part of your website. You will have 3 different templates:
- Template with a side menu and one content column
- Template without a side menu and one content column
- Template without a side menu and two content columns
For your website, you will create one layout, which will contain the layout of your entire website (which is the part between <body> and </body>).
Furthermore your website will have 2 partials (the header and footer part), which actually are pieces of layout. Their only purpose is to show you how to use partials. But they also can be left out and included directly in the layout.